We have an in-house nutritionist/functional medicine practitioner who has a wealth of experience covering medical issues such as; digestion, obesity, improving mood, tiredness, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic diseases, diabetes or even types of cancers and many others in both children and adults.
Good nutrition involves in upgrading your immune system, improving well-being, delaying the effects of ageing, eating a balanced diet is an important aspect in everyone’s day to day lives in order to stay fit and healthy. It’s important to know that the kind and amount of food that you put inside your body system has a major effect on how you feel, look, how your body functions and to what extent your body can fight infections and diseases.
According to the U.S Department of Human Services here’s a list on how you can stay healthy via proper nutrition;
- Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables
- Choose high fiber foods such as – whole wheat, brown rice, oatmeal etc.
- Choose a variety of lean protein foods- such as meat, poultry, seafood, nuts, eggs, dry beans or seeds
- Select foods with “low sodium “or “no salt added”
- Switch to low fat or fat free milk.
- Drink lots of water
- Eat seafood
- Do not skip breakfast.